How to make pizza dough
- 600g pizza flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dessertspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (approx) tepid water
- Mix flour, yeast, olive oil and salt in a bowl.
- Add the water gradually and mix until it becomes a gluggy mess!
- Turn out onto the bench and knead with the heal of your hand until it becomes a smooth, elastic ball.Place ball back in a bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for approx. 2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and turn out onto the bench again and knead until it is a smooth, elastic ball.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces (or 4 for larger pizzas) and roll back into a roundshape.The dough is now ready to use.
- Sprinkle some polenta over the base of a pizza tray, then using your hands, stretch the pizza dough and shape it, spread it over the tray and cut off any excess.
- With the back of a teaspoon, or using a pastry brush, spread a thin layer of olive oil on the base, then add your topping.
The dough should be the way we all want to look – thin, glossy and ready to eat!!!